Thursday 21 May 2009

Why is there a dead Pakistani on my couch?



I never have anything to say when I remember this blog, so I'm just going to post a bunch of Lost related things instead.




They still want each other. Juliet and Sawyer is the worst thing that's ever happened on the show. I don't really care what happens to Jack.


I'm still trying to work out what's going to happen in the 6th season. I have no idea how the Egyptian references and 'immortals' are going to come together. I think Jack, Kate, Sawyer etc will succeed in returning to the present, but I don't think they'll get off the island that quickly... I started getting some major Charlie and the Chocolate factory vibes when Ilana and Bram's group got the island. Like they were all candidates for something. Then I remembered Jacob (aka Mr Slugworth) going around talking to all the main characters in their flashbacks...
I've heard some pretty good timeloop theories. For example, pushing the button in the hatch caused the island to move back in time every 108 minutes so the characters didn't age (making it hard for the women to have children). This would also mean the island was stuck in 1996 and when the Oceanic flight crashed on the island, the characters were sent back in time. This explains why Rose doesn't have cancer and Locke can walk - because until they catch up to 2004, it hasn't happened yet. When Desmond turns the fail safe key, time on the island gets back on track, but they are still in 1996. I think a similar thing must have happened when Juliet activated the hydrogen bomb. If anyone has seen the teaser trailer for the 6th season, it definitely looks like Juliet's eye. My money's on her waking up naked in the forest like Desmond did.

No comments: